Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sherlock Trailers


I'm gonna be upfront and direct here, and admit right off the bat that this is a throwaway post. Honestly it's just extremely difficult for me, when it is the second week of a grand slam tennis tournament, to give a rat's ass about anything else going on.

I am more than capable of watching up to 16 hours of tennis a day. I fill out my own draw. I argue loudly with the commentators (but never Mary Carillo.) I imagine what I would have done, were I in that high-tension, technically impossible, 20-shot break point rally (I would've won, obviously.) I eat, dream and breathe tennis. I do everything BUT actually play tennis. (Interestingly enough, grand slams coincide with my least physical fortnights of the year, most movement being contained between the couch and the bathroom.)

The point is, comics? Movies? TV? It's all suddenly staggeringly unimportant. Sure, I'm excited for today's release of The Pirate King, Laurie R. King's new mystery. I'm in disbelief that Orson Scott Card's Shadows In Flight has been given a release date and can be preordered. Batgirl #1 comes out this month. For God's sake, Sarah Michelle Gellar is returning to TV this week.

But I just can't keep my eyes off Novak Djokovic.


So, while I enjoy the US Open and contemplate doing a long, glowing, puff piece on the radiant, flawless, brillaint Mary Carillo, check out these new trailers for the upcoming Sherlock Holmes movie sequel, as well as the second season of the acclaimed BBC TV version of Sherlock. Neither are 100% accurate or entirely approved by true Sherlockians, yet both are considerable good fun. Compare and contrast. Or don't, I don't care, it's not in any way related to tennis.


Sherlock Holmes 2 Trailer by teasertrailer




Sherlock - First Footage - Series BBC [VO|HQ] by Lyricis


No comments:

Post a Comment