Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wolverine Gets Some New X-Men


 I would very much enjoy meeting whoever at Marvel is in charge of deciding when to unveil these damn silhouttes, and then punch them in the face. These teasers have been going on for awhile, specifically it feels like six months, and they're driving me nuts. Either release a teaser or don't, make us wait for the comic or put us out of our misery. It's cruel and unprofessional and I honestly don't think it helps kindle interest.

Conversely, I am super interested in some new additions to Wolvie's line up. Take a look:


Toad? Mm-kay. And is that Beast OUR Beast, or Dark Psycho Beast from Age of Apocalypse, like their Nightcrawler? And wasn't Psylocke unveiled in the Blue team teasers? Is she a double agent of some kind, or does X-Force still operate completely unknown? Oh, and I love that Havok is back to X-Factor (though I'd like to know where Rachel and Lorna are) but he's really standing there like he's the leader. Madrox has become one of the best characters the X-Men got, thanks to Peter David, so I hope he doesn't get tossed aside, despite loving Alex Summers as well.

And last but not least, is that freaking Quentin Quire? Man, Schism has been good, but it looks like it's really going to get mindblowing the next two issues. Jason Aaron's stepping up bigtime.

Just to reiterate, I hate the people in charge of this shadow teaser crap. I also don't like the art at all. And yet I have a lifelong weakness for posters that feature an assemblage of brightly colored X-Men....so, yeah, I'll probably buy it when it comes out as a poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment