Friday, May 20, 2011

Promo for Sarah Michelle Gellar's Ringer!



No one loves Sarah Michelle Gellar more than me (not even you Freddie) so naturally I turn into the 14 year old Buffy-watching past version of me whenever I hear news about her impending return to TV. Finally we have a promo released. Also EW did an interview with Gellar. Check out what she had to say:

For Gellar, who has largely been absent from the television landscape since Buffy the Vampire Slayer went off the air in 2003, playing two characters was just about the only thing she hadn’t done in her seven seasons on the UPN/WB show. “With Buffy, I got to do so much,” the actress told EW this morning at the CW Upfront presentation. “So what do you do next? What do you do that an audience hasn’t seen you do? But bringing to life two characters and making them different, but at the same time interesting, and [showing] the similarities is definitely a challenge I’ve never done.”

Gellar admits that her long time away from television was largely due to her judiciousness. ”I have the greatest fans in the world, and I loved my show. I think sometimes, too, you need that time to understand that it was a cultural phenomenon, a legacy,” she said. “I want to honor those people who were so good to me and show them something worthy of their time and worthy of them. I think it was worth the wait.”
The real judge of the show’s success will likely come when residents of the Whedon-verse get a chance to weigh in. Gellar’s confident they’ll be on board. She says, “[Buffy] was a world. And the CW is very good at creating a world and a universe.”
Her favorite part of the Ringer‘s world? The surprises. “This is the person who in the middle of The Sixth Sense yelled out, ‘Oh my, God! He’s dead!’” Gellar says about herself. “Usually I see it coming, and I didn’t see [Ringer's plot twists] coming.”

Man, is she a class act or what? When she says "greatest fans in the world" she's really just referring to me. (The plural is a courtesy to other people who only kinda sorta like her.)






Tears! Guilt! Pretty red dress! Kissing! GUN! Dear God, but I am excited.




*UPDATE*

The CW announced that Ringer will be airing on Tuesdays at 9/8c!! Sarah returns to Buffy night!! Bless you CW, I had you all wrong. You're the greatest of all networks.


*UPDATE #2*

Found more videos! No stinking teasers, just straight up Sarah Michelle Gellar acting action.





No comments:

Post a Comment