Friday, October 14, 2011

NYCC: Cosplay In The Morning


Well, I am here. The Mecca of the East Coast Nerd Community. It's a bit overwhelming, massively crowded, with mixed media coming at you every which way, but it's a pretty glorious thing. And considering we're in Manhattan, the good will and camaraderie and easy smiles between strangers is a bit surprising. Wear a costume and it seems everyone wants to be your friend (kind of the complete opposite of high school; a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one.)

 And let it be known that while on a cigarette break, I witnessed the under-the-radar of the one and only Stan frakkin' Lee, and naturally proceeded to follow him for 7 1/2 minutes until he entered a VIP section. That one's going in my Pro-Smoking Campaign for sure.

To give you poor 9 to 5 suckers a taste of the celebration, please enjoy a very brief smattering of the cosplay enthusiasts I've recently encountered:


The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier Set from The Avengers movie


 

Movie Cap's Costume

Apparently-Paid Extras posing as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents

Formalwear Spidey Logs Time on the Command Deck

I'm not sure who this is: Super Minotaur?

Um...self-explanatory and awesome.

One of those Blue Guardian dudes.

Beetlejuice on a smoke break, pre-Stan Lee
I knew Wanda Maximoff was still alive, but didn't know she was so vain she needed her picture retaken twice. I think it was coming out blurry cause her Brother kept running past.



Up Next? DC's All Access Batman Panel. I'll have something for you soon, True Believers.

No comments:

Post a Comment