Sunday, January 18, 2009

What Kind of Health Insurance Does Your Dog Have?

-Come here puppy! Come here!

-Objection, Leading!


President-select Barack Obama has picked Cass Sunstein of Harvard Law School to be in charge of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. Critics of Sunstein claim he has a secret animal rights agenda.

Among his viewpoints, Sunstein has professed in past speeches and writings that hunting should be outlawed, as well as the consumption of meat.

His most pleasing goal is to give animals the right to file lawsuits: "...animals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives … Any animals that are entitled to bring suit would be represented by (human) counsel, who would owe guardian-like obligations and make decisions, subject to those obligations, on their clients’ behalf."


You can't make this stuff up. (I've tried.) Even when it gets reported it still doesn't stick. Obama's the new teflon, the political equivalent of Luke Cage (not racially, just in terms of powers, since Cage is 100% black) and it seems only a matter of time before some of this bizarreness gets truly noticed. Of course, I thought that about 2 years ago as well, so who knows.

---------Warning: Random segue into comic books----------


If Layla Miller were back from the future I might ask her, if only the "stuff" she knows didn't include quoting Dick Cheney while inciting rebellion against the fascistic US government that rules in 80 years. X-Factor had potential when it (re)began, mostly because of Layla, but now that she's gone it plods along and never gets anywhere, like so many other titles. I wonder if Obama's reign will alter the bleak outlook on the future that Peter David enjoys, and suddenly the mutant concentration camp in Brooklyn will fade into an alternate Bush/Cheney timeline.

Maybe raising Siryn and Jamie's illegitimate child in Detroit wasn't the best idea either. If only liberals were forced to relegate their meddling and 'humanitarian' god-work to the world of fiction, the real one would be a lot a more successful. As for the fiction, it would stay about the same.


1 comment:

  1. no stoopid master should order a perfect dog around. we knows were we go. mine, reel cat's fart, feeds lite and counts my foking pebbles like if it was gold. poor it in my bowl, may cats rip your ass, and i knows what i can eet. same wid other bitches in my house coz they steels some of me chow on akount of meself going litle blind from overwork. me stoopid doughter longsnout steel food like nobody busines. other cats vomit, a yorkie rat if you please, don't pay attention so we eats her part but longsnout is kwiker. me wants me lawyer non-feline to sue for me rights and canine world is due for some foking change i reckon. take grooming - a shit idea to begin with - but go to0 a professional, no do-it-yourself at home, cheap ass master 2 hours at time and no snaks watsoever. disgrace! me had to chace a stinkin woodchuk got a tear in me side and wat did my owner (resent this word big time) do? stitched me foking ass hisself! no emargency room for pedeegree bitch like me? it's a guantanamo out here and me and me sisters want a full bark full bite sheyster to sue pronto. not for meself no,no, for the better juster world so all species can be happy (not cats, kill them fokers) and live happily and eat their fill any time. hope. we want hope too. and no walks in winter. us shit in library or class action in no time. no spanking (even with newspaper - forget it although new york times got considerably lighter) no ordering around. end the slavery of species over species (except stinking cats). did i mention food?
    with respekts and afliktion,
    coco

    ReplyDelete